You may think of massage as a luxury to indulge in on occasion. But one of the most beneficial times for massage is during pregnancy.
What Is Pregnancy Massage?
Pregnancy massage is a catch-all term for any hands-on massage during or after pregnancy (prenatal or postnatal massage).
We use specially designed pillows called bolsters to position you comfortably on your side. This helps especially during the later stages of pregnancy. Lying on your side is often the most comfortable position.
Possible Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
Massage therapy during and after pregnancy might have multiple positive effects, including:
- Lowered anxiety
- Decreased back and leg pain
- Improved sleep
- Decreased levels of the stress hormone norepinephrine
- Increased levels of the “feel-good” hormones serotonin and dopamine
- Decreased levels of cortisol, an indicator of stress
- An overall improvement in mood
We are happy to treat you anytime after your first trimester.